Hi!

Hi!

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Literature for Children-Textbook Assignment (Chap. 16-end)

Chapter 16

WHAT I ALREADY KNOW

A good children's book is one that has a lesson to be learned.

A good children's book is one that grabs the attention of the young reader.

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED

Views:

Content oriented approach
Results oriented approach

They are either instructive or nutritive

Good books must have value.  They should clarify emotions, suggest solutions, promote the child's ability to find the meaning of life, stimulate the child's imagination, and develop them intellectually.

WHAT I STILL NEED TO LEARN

I need to learn more about books that are content oriented and results oriented.  Choosing between a good children's book and children's literature is on my radar for clarifying.

HOW I WILL SHARE

I will share the requirements for a book being coined a "good" book by assessing the value checkpoints.  Educators need to know that these books should fit a criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YA LIT - Books 17 - 25

Shianna Nichols LSSL 5385 YA Readers - Required Authors Green, J. (2008). Paper towns . New York: SPEAK by the Penguin Group. Quentin lives...